Managing Workplace Change
There is only one thing you can count on in the workplace--change! COVID-19, lay-offs, downsizing, and mergers; changes are occurring daily and significantly impacting employees. For most people, even minor changes are unsettling because they involve giving something up. Perception is reality and if employees think they will be worse off or harmed by the change, they will resist it.
Many managers communicate workplace change ineffectively, through memos, email messages, and virtual meetings. Employees are on information overload. They are being bombarded with messages; which they skim through, missing important details. This increases stress, rumors, and apathy.
During this thought-provoking Webinar, Debra Schmidt will teach you how fear and resistance to change in the workplace can be transformed into creativity and innovation.
You will learn:
- Why employees resist change
- What employees want their managers to do
- How to help employees recognize the benefits of change
- How to effectively communicate change
- 3 common mistakes made by managers
- The 5 most important steps a manager can take during change
- How different types of employees respond differently to change
- How to increase productivity during change
- Characteristics of an effective change leader
We Also Recommend
Building Solution-Oriented Teams through the Power of Possibility Thinking