Thursday, October 19: How to Embrace and Manage Workplace Change
11:00 am-Noon Central Standard Time
This Webinar is “live” and 60 minutes in length. You will receive your participation instructions and access code information 72 hours prior to the program. A workbook will also be provided to make it easy for you and your team to follow along with Deb. This webinar will benefit all employees. Your registration entitles you to include everyone on your team at one site.
There is only one thing you can count on in the workplace--change! Lay-offs, downsizing, mergers and changes are becoming more and more common in our places of work. For most people, even minor changes are unsettling because they involve giving something up. Perception is reality and if we think we'll be worse off or harmed by the change, we resist it.
Many managers communicate workplace changes through the use of memos and email messages. This is very ineffective due to information overload. Employees have way too many messages coming at them. They only skim through interoffice memos and emails and miss important details regarding the changes. This increases employee stress.
During this thought-provoking Webinar, Debra Schmidt will teach you how fear and resistance to change in the workplace can be transformed into creativity and innovation.
You will learn:
- Why employees resist change
- What employees want their managers to do
- How to help employees recognize the benefits of change
- How to effectively communicate change
- 3 common mistakes made by managers
- The 5 most important steps a manager can take during change
- How different types of employees respond differently to change
- How to increase productivity during change
- Characteristics of an effective change leader